Is staging really worth the expense? National statistics from the Real Estate Staging Association show a dramatic difference in time on the market between staged and unstaged homes:
Does Staging Improve the Odds of Selling? National statistics:
- 2007 – vacant staged homes sold 68% faster
- 2008 – vacant staged homes sold 85% faster
- 2009 – vacant staged homes sold 78% faster (No statistics compiled for 2010)
But what about in Oregon? We frequently get asked this question from Oregon real estate agents and home sellers. Here are our recent statistics:
- In 28 days (April 8 to May 6, 2010) we staged 13 properties
- Homes were located in Corvallis, Keizer, Salem, Dallas
- Pricing ranged from $130K to $700K
- As of May 7 six of these homes are under contract
- Five of the houses staged during this time period had only been staged 12 days or less when we compiled this data.
- Within a few more weeks all but 2 are sold (we’ll be following up with agents to get exact stats)
While we’ve staged a broad demographic and price range, the average days on market for all these cities and homes is between 120 to 160 days. The houses we staged in this time period have definitely beat the odds!
We understand that it is difficult to invest money in staging, and when a home is beautiful, it is really important? Real estate professionals will nearly all agree — properties that appeal to home buyer’s emotions sell quicker and for more money. While buyers shop with logic – it is the one they fall in love with that gets the offer.
As you consider whether staging is a good marketing plan or on how much staging to do, here are some facts and statistics for your consideration.
- Over 94% of buyers look at homes online first – and homes that don’t show a desirable lifestyle receive less attention. Most buyers cannot determine room sizes and lose interest quickly if homes are vacant.
- Listings with more than 20 quality photos get 12 times as many clicks than their competing listings
- 90% of buyers cannot see the potential a room or home holds – making vacant homes difficult to sell.
Looking to beat the odds and sell your home this summer? Make sure you enter the real estate market with perfect presentation and price! It’s a winning strategy!
Margaret Oscilia is a Professional Home Stager with Creative Concepts – Home Staging and Contracting serving Salem Oregon and surrounding areas who specializes in helping home sellers stage to sell or re-design to live well.
Moving or improving? Creative Concepts-Home Staging and Contracting has the expertise to showcase your home’s full potential, stretch your budget, and maximize your time.
Professional Home Staging – Reliable Contractor Repairs – Beautiful Results!