Staging is the act of preparing and showcasing a property for sale. It may include cleaning, decluttering, updating and repairing, as well as using interior design principles to enhance the home’s visual appeal. Furniture arrangement, balance, scale, lighting and more are evaluated to maximize the potential of every room.
When expertly done, staging adds perceived value, minimizing the time on market and maximizing the selling price.
Service Options: Creative Concepts offers staging options to accommodate every scenario and budget.
- Consultations: From a limited “walk and talk” consultation to a full review and preparation of a prioritized Consultation Report, our consultation will help you see your home through the eyes of a buyer and how to best prepare your property for sale. This is affordable for everyone and a great “do it yourselfer” guide! Looking for the perfect paint colors? Our 8×11 samples make it easy and we also have trusted products, vendors and contractors to make improvements easier and most effective.
- Re-design: Using what you have, we create the “wow” home buyers are looking for! While you are out, we will rearrange and redesign your home so it shows best in person and in photos. If needed, we’ll make suggestions on other areas that can be enhanced. We will maximize your budget to achieve a “wow” result!
- Occupied and Vacant Staging: Vacant homes show poorly when viewed in person or on-line. It is difficult for potential buyers to see room sizes or envision themselves living there. Our warehouse of carefully chosen furniture, accessories and décor creates the perfect image for your property. From highly decorated builder models to “investor” staging to help the most humble home show well, our staging experts love to transform homes from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Staging to Live Well – Room Makeovers: 10% of our clients aren’t thinking of selling their home, but do wish their home had a fresh look or have a more “pulled together” feel. Our home makeover services may include beautiful paint palette solutions, rearranging and repurposing existing items or adding furniture and décor so your room has a designer feel. One client’s review “I’m so glad I finally gave my home the “spa treatment” and the attention it needed. I never would have come up with some of these ideas. My home looked good before, but now it “feels” fabulous and the investment was so much less than I expected!”
Other services include:
Real Estate Videos
Vacant Home Monitoring Services
Senior Transition Services (downsizing or to assisted living)
Repairs, Remodeling and Project Management (see Contracting page)
As you consider whether staging is a good marketing plan or on how much staging to do, here are some facts and statistics for your consideration.
- Over 94% of buyers look at homes online first – and homes that don’t show a desirable lifestyle receive less attention.
- Listings with more than 20 quality photos get 12 times as many clicks than their competing listings
- 90% of buyers cannot see the potential a room or home holds – making vacant or homes in need of repairs or updates difficult to sell.
Does Staging Improve the Odds of Selling? National statistics:
- 2007 – vacant staged homes sold 68% faster
- 2008 – vacant staged homes sold 85% faster
- 2009 – vacant staged homes sold 78% faster
- 2010 – vacant staged homes sold 67% faster
- 2011 – vacant staged homes sold 73% faster
- 2013 – vacant staged homes sold 72% faster
Margaret and her team are very profession and easy to work with. I love working with them because I know that my sellers will get the highest price possible for their home after Creative Concepts has worked their magic!
Bob and I were talking this evening. After watching the news report on housing sales we feel so very lucky to have sold our house. We wanted to let you know how much we appreciated the advice you gave us. We do not think the house would have sold without your help.
Hugs and Thank you.
Angela and Bob – Home Sellers in Corvallis Oregon
Margaret’s staging get’s a home sold …FAST. We got an offer on day 9. I encourage all my clients to meet Margaret. As she told me, “the cost of staging is far less than even the first price reduction”. I tell every client that I have a simple formula to get their property sold quickly, all you have to do is call Margaret!
Thanks Margaret for all your perfect staging advice! Thank You Thank you!!! Selling a house in 30 days of listing had everything to do with staging advice from you. AWESOME!!!!!
Lisa C., Corvallis Oregon Home Seller
I was impressed with the way Margaret was sensitive to my seller’s feelings about her home. There were clearly things that needed to be changed in the house, but she presented it in a way that did not offend my client.
Margaret came up with some easy, inexpensive ideas to change a few things in my client’s house. Things like rearranging the furniture to make a room look larger not only for showings but for the photographs as well.
The first time Margaret consulted with one of my clients, I wanted to be there. I have to admit I not only wanted to hear what she had to suggest for the house, but I also wanted to see how she interacted with my seller. I was very impressed, she was sensitive to the client’s feelings about her home in the way she presented the suggestions.
Margaret has a way of putting clients at ease and helping them see how they can get the most out of their home. I know I can trust her with everything from flooring & paint choices to staging. She makes my clients’ homes look good!
Kristin Smith Keller Williams
“Magical Margaret” and her team at Creative Concepts and Contracting are a valuable asset to my listings. Her gentle evaluations work well with all types of clients at all levels of staging needs. The benefits of staging positively impacts my photography and online presence, thus getting buyers to the door and leading to successful sales and happy clients!
Patty Brown Valley Brokers
Margaret is my go to person for so many things. She stages my listings and consults with my buyers on new builds. She has gutted and remodeled my daylight basement, and recently consulted with me on teenifying my son’s room. I have used her as a gift for buyers to help them with color consultation or placing their furniture just right in their new homes. It doesn’t matter if you just want help picking the right paint color, or something larger. She can do it all. She is integrated into my real estate business and is an essential member of my team of professionals.
Melina Tomson, Tomson Burnham LLC